Designing the Great Outdoors at Morgan's Wonderland
KFW Engineers are currently working on an Ultra-Accessible project that really highlights one of the best parts of our jobs: being able to design a special place that supports, represents, and cultivates our diverse community.
Is there really anything more fun than designing a kids camp?
Morgan's Wonderland Camp is a 100+ acre outdoor recreational oasis that will offer a year-round summer camp style experience for individuals with and without special needs.
At a glance, here is some of the fun that KFW has worked hard to design:
- An ultra-accessible™, multi-platform zipline;
- A stable and horses for horseback riding;
- A nature farm to introduce campers to farm animals;
- Multiple pools, a splash pad and a relaxing river;
- An archery range;
- An enclosed sports pavilion;
- A challenge course with climbing walls for campers of all abilities;
- An arts-and-crafts center;
- A large tree house with panoramic Hill Country views;
- Bicycle trails for two- and three-wheeled bikes;
- An outdoor fire pit for camp gatherings;
- 20 cabins that can serve as home away from home for up to 525 campers and staff members;
- A 30,000-square-foot Welcome Center, complete with kitchen and dining hall;
- A 5,500-square-foot health center;
- A camp store;
- And much more!
Slated to open in 2021, this project has kept our commercial team very busy with creative ideas and a wonderful consultant team to work alongside.
Our preliminary look of the new camp grounds taking shape:
For more detail on the project, click here to view the Master Plan and renderings. You'll find detailed cabin & dining hall layouts as well as exciting renderings of the zip line.
KFW is excited to be part of this project that will spread the Morgan's Wonderland mission of inclusion. Not only is has it been fun to design, but we take pride in knowing this project will benefit it's campers from around the world for years to come.