A Year in Review
2019 was a celebratory year for KFW. We are truly grateful for our excellent Staff & Clients who keep us going. Click below to learn about some of KFW's significant accomplishments of this year!
KFW ended 2019 in celebration of our recent accomplishments and growth. To wrap up this year's Holiday Party, Blaine Lopez, Partner & pillar of our Residential department, gave us an overview of the company's recent steps forward:
2019 Best Places to Work Award - Our second year in a row winning this award made our staff & management extremely happy! We held our rank as one of the top 10 mid-sized best places to work in San Antonio, industry aside. It's great to know that our efforts in making and keeping our employees happy is producing excellent results. Check out our social media pages, @kfwengineers, for a look inside the fun!
Top 500 Design Firms - The Engineering News Record (ENR) placed KFW as #78 of the top 500 design firms in Texas and Louisiana for 2019. This is our third year in a row earning this award and we're always excited to see our projects compete at a regional level.
San Antonio Business Journal - Engineering Firms - KFW ranks as the 4th largest engineering firm in San Antonio, based on # of employed Professional Engineers. This was a great accomplishment as we rise in the San Antonio market.
San Antonio's Fastest Growing Businesses - The San Antonio Business Journal ranked KFW as the 11th fastest growing business in San Antonio, regardless of industry. We truly enjoy seeing new friendly faces around the office and are always excited to welcome new team members who strengthen our workforce.
KFW contributed over $50,000 to Morgan's Wonderland in 2019. We surpassed our annual contribution goal for the third year and are humbled to see how these contributions advocate for inclusion. A large part of this contribution is raised in a single day at the KFW Golf Tournament Benefiting Morgan's Wonderland. Selling out the tournament again this year was a testament to our employee's and Client's dedication to philanthopy...and of course, golfing!
In the realm of sportsmanship, our employees decided to form a sand volleyball team to blow off some steam in the summer evenings. After a 7-week season with the San Antonio Sports & Social Club, the KFW team won the San Antonio championship! This was a great team building activity which brought people across all departments together for some fun and a few beers. Congrats to our players & good luck next season!
Travis Elseth - Senior Project Manager
Clayton Linney - Senior Project Manager
Chris Garza - Project Manager
Matthew Hilbig - Project Manager
Mike Richards - Project Manager
Eric Warford - Project Director
Andy Carruth - Project Engineer
Denis Avendano - Assistant Project Manager
Jaime Salinas - Assistant Project Manager
- Morgan's Wonderland Fundraiser surpassed our goal this year thanks to our employees, community donations, and the Third Annual Golf Tournament to Benefit Morgan's Wonderland.
- Proud to be the top fundraising team for the Morgan's Wonderland Snowball 5k. This was our first year sponsoring a 5k and our employees really jumped in to get involved! We saw a great turn out for this fun, family-friendly event.
- We continually support our Adopted Park, O.P. Schnabel off Bandera Road with facility painting or litter pickup.
- Having fun in our third year sponsoring the American Heart Association's Heart Walk.
- KFW hosted 2 South Texas Blood & Tissue Center blood drives South Texas Blood & Tissue Center blood drives to support South Texas community members in need.
- For the animal-loving Engineers, KFW proudly supports San Antonio Pets Alive with pet supply & cleaning supply donations to the local shelter.
- Burt Wellmann, Director of Residential Services, was inducted into the Rotary Club of New Braunfels.
2019 was a year of giving back to our community. KFW emphasized volunteerism and philanthropy this year by enacting a new way to get involved in our Morgan's Wonderland partnership. Sponsoring the Snowball 5k was a new venture for us and we were very glad to see our employees get on board.
We held a few internal competitions to sweeten the event for our fundraising Engineers. We're already brimming with competitive employees, so why not make it official? The team who raised the most money for Morgan's Wonderland earned a team building event at Alamo Drafthouse. We have some athletes here at KFW, so we did a second competition to award the fastest 5k running team with some holiday cash. Sponsoring the Snowball 5k was a unique way to show our employees how a little more involvement goes a long way helping our local friends with special needs.
Of course, being the KFW that you know and love, this year was filled with our usual monthly events of fun & team building!
- Field Day 2019 - Employees take half a day to hang out at our annual pot-luck & test their skill in a kickball competition.
- Fall Fest at Morgan's Wonderland is our annual thank-you to all employees for supporting the great cause and vision of the park.
- Halloween costume & desk/office decoration contest was full throttle this year!
- We brought back our "Thankful For" wall that employees could write on to show what they were personally thankful for.
- In the spirit of the holiays, we saw our annual Ugly Sweater Contest come & go. Congratulations to Ryan for throwing Gretchen off her winning streak!
- Some of our braver employees could be seen fighting off stress at the paintball course or zipping around the Andretti race track.
Years of Service:
5 Years at KFW
- Rick Gray
- Armando Niebla
- Jaime Salinas
- Will Gunter
- Kara Lara
- Gretchen Sellard
- Eduardo Soto
- Torry Hurt
- Justin Gawlik
- Nick Panella
- Megan Warren
- Brent Ellison
- Gary Jones
- Craig Garcia
- Albert Ceja
- Richard Martin
- Josh Vestal
10 Years with KFW
- Paul Villela
2019 connected us to our community. We made efforts to get out of our confort zone, try new ways to get involved, and were shown that going the extra mile will always be worth it. - George Weron