A Year In Review
KFW has grown tremendously in 2018 and we are excited to celebrate it! Click below to learn about some of KFW's significant accomplishments of this year!
KFW ended 2018 in celebration of our recent accomplishments and growth. To wrap up this year's Holiday Party, Blaine Lopez, Partner & pillar of our Residential department, gave us an overview of the company's recent steps forward:
2018 Best Places to Work Award - KFW is extremely proud and excited to have ranked #6 in the Midsize category for our team building, office-wide activities, and employee engagement efforts. This award speaks to the reason why KFW's founders came together to create this engineering firm - to create a place where people actually enjoyed coming to work! Thanks to our employees voting for us, we are proud to have earned such an accomplishment.
Corporate Philanthropy Awards - This award is all thanks to our employees! We were recognized for our employee volunteerism around San Antonio, in-kind donations, and employee contributions to Morgan's Wonderland.
Engineering News Record: Top Design Firms - KFW was ranked #68 in the Texas & Louisiana region - moving up the list each year!
Armando Niebla – Director of Commercial Services
Burt Wellmann – Director of Residential Services
Chris Otto - Director of Infrastructure Services
Omar Espinosa – Project Manager
Kristin Heggy – New Braunfels Office Manager
Salar Ranjbar – Assistant Project Manager
Will Gunter - Assistant Project Manager
Omar Rodriguez - Engineer-in-Training
Danielle Salvador - Engagement Coordinator
SMPS San Antonio Chapter Committee Member of the Year - Silvana Occhiuzzi, KFW's Marketing Coordinator was recognized for her hard work and creative abilities.
KFW is proud to have met our $50,000 annual commitment to Morgan's Wonderland for the third year in a row - thank you to all of our employees for your generosity and openheartedness.
KFW is Kickin' in New Braunfels - Our first satellite office opened in February and we got busy, quick! We have 10 employees in New Braunfels and are growing. We love our new community and are excited to better service our Clients in the surrounding areas.
- Morgan's Wonderland Fundraiser reached $60,000 this year thanks to our employees, community donations, and Second Annual Golf Tournament to Benefit Morgan's Wonderland.
- KFW participated in COSA's Business Empowerment Program as a protégé to Joeris. Thank you Joeris for being a great mentor!
- We continually support our Adopted Park, O.P. Schnabel off Bandera Road with facility painting or litter pickup.
- Our KFW Volunteers braved the weather to support Habiatat for Humanity and the local housing community.
- We <3 sponsoring the American Heart Association's Heart Walk.
- KFW hosted 3 South Texas Blood & Tissue Center blood drives to support San Antonio community members in need.
- For the animal-loving Engineers, KFW proudly supports San Antonio Pets Alive with donations to the local shelter.
- George Weron is now on the Advisory Board for the Greater New Braunfels Economic Development
- Project Manager Nick Reynolds is an active New Braunfels Jaycee members.
- Daniel Santoni was appointed to the City of New Braunfels Transportation and Traffic Advisory Board.
2018 was a year of Team Building - escape rooms, go kart racing, brewery tours, and bowling just to name a few! KFW emphasized employee relationships this year by enacting a quarterly team-building outing program. Getting our Engineers away from their desks for half of the day to build relationships amongst each other has truly impacted our company culture by opening lines of communication, building trust, and making our new-hires feel welcomed.
- Field Day 2018 - Employees take a half day to hang out at our annual pot-luck lunch & test their skill in obstacle course competitions!
- Fall Fest at Morgan's Wonderland is our annual thank-you to all employees for supporting the great cause and vision of the park.
- Halloween costume & pumpkin carving contest was a success!
- We created a "Thankful For" wall that employees could write on to show what they were personally thankful for.
- Of course, in the competitive spirit, we had out annual Ugly Sweater Contest. Congrats to Gretchen for winning the second year in a row!
Years of Service:
5 Years with KFW
- Andy Carruth
- Chris Garza
- Travis Elseth
- Vince Panella
- Lorenzo Martinez
- Bobby Torres
- Antonio Bustillos
- Hezael Martinez
- Josh York
10 Years with KFW
- John Adkins
2018 was a year of jumping in with both feet, trusting our gut decisions to advance up the IH-35 corridor, and dedicating more time to engage our employees and keep them happy to work with us. - Steven