San Antonio-based KFW Engineers & Surveying continues to grow and is looking to add motivated Civil Engineers in Training (EIT) wanting long-term career opportunities within a successful, progressive firm.
Do you want to work for a land development civil engineering firm that …
- Is fast-paced and exciting, growing year over year for multiple years?
- Instills a Client First attitude in every employee?
- Cherishes team-work?
- Rewards hard work with promotions, merit increases, and bonuses?
- Develops and trains its EIT’s to become successful Professional Engineers (PE)?
- Has one of the most recognized and progressive GIS Departments in all of South Texas?
- Embraces new software and hardware technology, always looking for the latest cutting edge?
- Balances working hard with playing hard, always striving to maintain a work culture of camaraderie and fun?
If so, then KFW Engineers and Surveying may just be for you!
As an Engineer in Training (EIT) you would perform entry-level engineering work to include …
- Coordinate, monitor, and review engineering projects, investigations, and preparation of plans for an assigned area of responsibility.
- Prepare construction documents for civil infrastructure improvements for residential or commercial land developments including: earthwork, rough grading, finish grading, site hydrology and drainage, soil erosion control, underground utilities, paving/roadways, and civil/site permitting.
- Provide assistance and direction to engineering support staff as needed to coordinate gathering of data and compilation of information necessary to complete project assignments.
- Prepare reports including text and exhibits, make presentations, and maintain accurate records, notes and other required documentation for assigned projects.
- Ensure that assigned projects are completed within the guidelines established by local, state, and federal laws, regulations, standards, and/or policies.
- Attend meetings as needed or requested to address engineering issues related to assigned area of responsibility.
- Develop work orders for field crews then monitor, assist with and verify completion of the work as needed.
- Travel to a variety of local project sites for assigned area of responsibility.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited college
- EIT certification (or proof of passing FE Exam if about to graduate)
- Proficiency in Auto CAD and Civil 3D
- At least internship experience in land development civil engineering
Please upload cover letter and resume to be considered.